PepsiCo (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
PepsiCo (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
– Increase nutritious food access for 50 million people by 2030, and Invest $100 million through 2030 as part of the Zero Hunger Pledge.
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we’re passionate about investing PepsiCo’s resources to realize zero hunger in our communities across the globe as part of our pep+ (PepsiCo Positive) journey. As the COVID-19 pandemic reduced access to food and other essential goods for communities around the world, PepsiCo and The PepsiCo Foundation invested more than $71 million globally and worked with over 250 partners to bring food and other vital resources to the most affected communities.
- CONTINUING TO GIVE BACK TO COMMUNITIES where we operate: As part of this effort in Malaysia since 2020, PepsiCo (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd through its distributor DKSH continues to donate shelf-stable foods to The Lost Food Project (TLFP). TLFP works to redistribute food industry surplus to up to 60 charities as well as numerous communities, rescuing good food from going to waste and onto the plates of those in need.
REALIZING A FOOD-SECURE WORLD FOR ALL
In November 2021, we announced the global expansion of #FoodforGood, PepsiCo’s commitment to advance food security through collaboration in communities where we live and work. Through Food for Good, we’ve reached millions of people over the years and now we’re taking our commitment to a new level. By 2030, we aim to increase nutritious food access for 50 million people as part of pep+ and will aim to invest $100 million as part of the Zero Hunger Pledge. But we can’t do it alone, it will take all our combined efforts to create a world where everyone always has access to nutritious food.
FOOD FOR GOOD’S IMPACT: PepsiCo has delivered more than 245 million meals to more than 41 million people across the world (meals tracked since 2009 and beneficiaries tracked since 2016) and has partnered with more than 60 nonprofits worldwide to ensure we are implementing local solutions that meet the unique challenges of each community. Moving forward, Food for Good will continue to invest in our historical food security programs, as well as invest in new sustainable, long-term solutions to realize zero hunger.
Here are some ways you can learn about and join the journey to zero hunger:
- Tune into our new Journey to Zero Hunger podcast which convenes luminaries who are fighting food insecurity to examine underlying factors and explore solutions. This 6-episode series launched June 28, 2022, and is available on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify or wherever you listen. PepsiCo Food for Good will donate up to 1,000 meals per episode every time you share an episode on social media with the hashtag #journeytozerohunger.
- Learn how Food for Good Changemakers around the world are creating sustainable change in their communities in our new video series.
- Learn more at www.pepsicofoodforgood.com
For more information, please visit us at https://www.pepsico.com