MALAYSIAN AMERICAN ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY (MAEI)
The Malaysian American Electronics Industry (MAEI) is an industry committee of AMCHAM representing our members in Malaysia’s strong Electrical and Electronics (E&E) industry. Since its inception in 1989, MAEI has served to create dialogue opportunities between the government and American E&E companies about ways to grow and upskill the industry, to highlight our members’ wide contributions to the Malaysian economy, and to advocate for regulatory changes needed to enhance Malaysia’s business environment and improve its competitiveness.
MAEI plays a key role in setting the Chamber’s advocacy agenda. MAEI members benefit from exclusive access to AMCHAM mailing lists and WhatsApp groups to share information and regulatory updates across multiple functions (Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Facilities Management).
The Committee is chaired by AMCHAM Honorary Member and former Intel senior executive Dato’ Seri SH Wong. Dato’ Seri Wong has since 2012 been appointed to PEMUDAH, a special task force to address public-private delivery services, and serves as co-chair of Malaysia’s Electrical & Electronics Productivity Nexus (EEPN).
If you are interested in getting involved with the MAEI Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairman: Dato’ Seri Wong Siew Hai
The committee consists of 30 member companies, covering both semiconductor and non-semiconductor industries. Most of MAEI’s members have been doing business in Malaysia for the last three decades.
- Agilent Technologies LDA Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
- Analog Devices Sdn Bhd (Formerly known as Linear Semiconductor Sdn. Bhd.)
- Benchmark Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd
- Boston Scientific Medical Device (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Celestica Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Dell Global Business Center Sdn Bhd
- Finisar Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Flextronics Systems Penang Sdn. Bhd. (formerly known as Bose Systems)
- Flextronics Technology (Penang) Sdn. Bhd.
- Freescale Semiconductor Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- HP Inc. (formerly HP PPS Sales Sdn. Bhd.)
- Integrated Device Technology (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Intel Technology Sdn. Bhd.
- ITW Meritex Sdn Bhd
- Jabil Circuit Sdn. Bhd.
- Keysight Technologies
- Knowles Electronics (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Lumileds Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Micron Memory Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Microsemi Solutions Sdn Bhd
- Motorola Solutions Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Innoplex)
- NI Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- ON Semiconductor Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Plexus Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd.
- Samtec Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
- Sensata Technologies Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- SMART Modular Technologies Sdn. Bhd.
- Texas Instruments Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- TF AMD Microelectronics (Penang) Sdn. Bhd.
- Western Digital (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Download your copy of the Economic Impact Survey 2017/18