Kimberly-Clark (K-C) and our brands are a part people’s lives in more than 175 countries. We impact billions of lives not just through the products we make, but also the workplaces we create and the communities we serve.
Our products have been sold in Malaysia since 1924. Today, we employ over 900 people across three entities: Kimberly Clark Trading Malaysia, Kimberly Clark Regional Services Malaysia, and Kimberly Clark Products Malaysia. We manufacture Made-in-Malaysia Kotex, Huggies, Kleenex, and Scott that are sold locally and exported to 12 markets in APAC.
Our approach to sustainability is guided by our Purpose Better Care for a Better World. We know that millions still lack access to basic products and the planet is threatened by climate change. Therefore, businesses will need to change the way it operates, and K-C aspires to lead the way to a sustainable future with our 2030 Ambition – advancing the wellbeing of one billion people in need and halving our environmental footprint.
Better Care for a Better Malaysia
1. Social Impact
- Kotex has educated >1 million Malaysian teens in partnership with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Women and the National Population and Family Development Board in bid to end period stigma and raise menstrual hygiene awareness
- Kotex She Can Fund – Grants of up to RM100,000 a year to inspire young women to make strides in areas where women are under-represented or to pursue dreams without being restricted by their periods
- Huggies free antenatal classes for expecting moms, covering many topics by medical experts and popular mom figures
- Care packages to unsung heroes this Ramadan in appreciation of their tireless contributions
- Kleenex contributed wet wipes to schools across Klang Valley when physical classes resumed. Students were guided on wiping down high touch surfaces and clean hands as fight against Covid-19 continues
- Reduced amount of fresh water used in production by 75% whilst output has almost doubled
- All manufacturing waste is recycled; nothing goes to landfill
- Assortment of our Scott products are made from 100% recycled fiber
- Launched Kotex reusable period underwear that absorbs up to 2x of normal pads and can be washed and reused at least 50 times
- All Kleenex, Scott and Kimberly-Clark Professional products manufactured in our Kluang Mill are FSC®-certified
- Volunteered to clean Bukit Lanjan of 281kgs of garbage pollution to mark FSC® Forest Week 2022