Marketing & Communications Specialist
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Position title: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Reports to: CEO
Location: Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 28 July 2022
The Company: American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM)
AMCHAM is a non-profit, private-sector international, business association with more than 1200 members representing about 280 American, Malaysian and other international companies. The Chamber provides relevant business information to its members, actively serves as a platform to represent member’s interests to Malaysian and U.S. stakeholders.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for telling the AMCHAM story. Be it updating members on current affairs or promoting an upcoming event, we are the Voice of U.S. Business in Malaysia.
Contact: [email protected] to apply
AMCHAM is looking for a Marketing & Communications Specialist to support the Chamber’s communications strategy, image and mission through clear and consistent messaging.
You will be expected to develop both internal and external communications, brand collateral and work with team members to convey the Chambers vision, mission, and associated programs including marketing strategies showcasing the activity and strength of the Chamber. You will also be expected to support the Chamber’s relationship with the media to help the Chamber gain brand and messaging exposure to the Chamber’s stakeholders.
You will be working with passionate team members in a dynamic and purpose-driven work environment, who also like to inject some fun.
Support & execute the communications of AMCHAM (external and internal), for all Chamber stakeholders
- Work with Key Messages that are in line with the Chamber’s vision, mission, and objectives and help to express this across platforms
- Celebrate the Chamber’s role in supporting U.S. business, driving key messages and attracting membership
- Ensure treatment of brand is consistent with the organization’s brand bible, including, on website, in position papers, general copy, and more
- Create visuals and graphics for Chamber programs etc.
- Writing and editing for Chamber activities, including but not limited to,
- Press releases and speeches/ remarks
- Event invitations and post-program write-ups
- Social Media posts (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)
- Continue to build AMCHAM’s profile with the media.
- Track, measure and report as necessary
- Contribute to discussions on communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals – including but not limited to work done in advocacy, programming /events, membership development, etc.
- Work with designers & printers in the development of collateral materials and new communications product
- Responsible for all company interactions on the social media, including responding to messages, creating messages, and uploading photos selectively sharing via Website, Social Media, WhatsApp, etc
- Other related work as assigned by the CEO
Marketing & Sponsorship
- Work with team members to develop and execute marketing strategies and initiatives in relation to event promotion membership & sponsorship, etc.
- Supervise the design, production, and distribution of collateral and event promotional materials
- Ensure effective monitoring and maintenance of company’s marketing budget and application
- Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to iterate in a fast paced environment
- 3- 5 years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Experience in designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns, and enjoys it
- Interested in current affairs and the ability to stay up-to-date on industry trends etc.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with technology, and have skills with software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, survey tools
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Educational qualification – degree or diploma – is a plus