Established in 1978, The American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) is one of the leading business platforms in Malaysia. We are a non-profit membership-based organization that supports the American business community in the country.
The Opportunity is for a person who is excited to deliver content-rich programs that are business and socially oriented and where our members and stakeholders can network, learn and share.
- To deliver high-quality events that express the Chamber’s objectives
- To manage all aspects of events: P&L, logistics, budgets, coordination of sponsorships, marketing, speaker sourcing and invitations, runs-of-show, talking points, billings, and post-event follow up.
- To operate in the fast-moving environment that demands creativity and passion while managing an annual calendar of programs
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with key stakeholders – partners and sponsors, vendors and other external service providers
- Review and manage contracts to support and manage event/sponsorship activities
- Acquire and manage event data & feedback on all program activity
- Work with team members in support of Chamber goals and targets
- Energetic, resourceful and a self-starter
- At least 3-4 years in event management and stakeholder management
- Team player who is able to work well with a wide variety of people and has the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Flexible and possess a “can do” approach; results driven and good communication skills
- Relevant business degree or equivalent qualification preferred
- High proficiency in the English language is required
- The opportunity to work with people from an array of industries and understand the needs of a host of industries
- Working in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs and in a diverse community
- Competitive salary and a professional working environment
- Where the work is fun!
Kindly email your resume together with a cover letter latest by May 24th, 2019 (Friday) to [email protected]
The Company: American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM)
AMCHAM is a non-profit, private-sector international, business association with more than 1200 members representing about 280 American, Malaysian and other international companies.
The Chamber provides relevant business information to its members, actively serves as a platform to represent member’s interests to Malaysian and U.S. stakeholders.