Chubb Insurance Malaysia Berhad
Chubb Insurance Malaysia Berhad
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54
countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal
accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of
clients. The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with
substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health,
homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups
providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees
or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
Additional information can be found at: new.chubb.com
Why Join US
At Chubb, we recruit people who will contribute to the growth and success of the company and who
are focused on meeting customers’ needs. We are committed to developing our employees and to
ensure they find satisfaction in their work at Chubb.
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our team. If you are serious about your career
and would like to work in a dynamic insurance company, contact us to discuss potential
opportunities. All enquiries and applications will be treated confidentially.
Head of Underwriting & Portfolio Management, Consumer Lines
Job Description & Requirements (In Brief):
• At least 10 years of working experience in general insurance.
• Experience in project management including involvement in the creation of new insurance products to
• Leading the underwriting function to assess risk and underwrite new and renewal business for Accident; Health as per underwriting guideline with focus on growth and profitability.
• Monitor performance in term of revenue expectation and profitability for each lines of business, product, channel, major sponsor, etc. and take timely corrective action.
• Manage all intermediaries to monitor market requirements and ensure maximum topline.
• Develop and maintain documented underwriting process and frameworks ensuring that appropriate
financial discipline is applied by the organization at all steps of the value chain from top to bottom line.
• Managing product development entire life cycle from product idealization, concept, creation to launch,
including policy documentation and marketing materials within the approved product governance
• Collaborate with various stakeholders, such as legal, compliance, vendor, IT and distribution channels for
product roll out.
• Prepare business user system requirements, system UAT to ensure system readiness.
• Consult and communicate with the key stakeholders (where required and relevant) in the new product
• Work with Product Leaders and Distribution channels to develop marketing strategies and plans for
product development including working with Marketing/Corporate Communications on Marketing
collaterals and new product launches.
• Maintain proper documentation of all relevant internal/external analysis conducted and information
used in the product development, pricing and approval sign-offs.
• Create a system and process for ensuring appropriate post-implementation/post-launch monitoring of
new products in line with the regulatory and Company guidelines.
• Prepare product documentation for submission to PIAM and/or BNM where necessary.
• Assist with market research of competitors’ products and trends within the industry.
• Provide recommendations and input on strategic product opportunities.
• Assist Product Lines Managers in developing product training materials and user guides.
• Adhere to BNM’s Policy Document and all regulatory guidelines.
• Adhere to the Company’s New Product and Product Development Policy and all internal/Group policies
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact Ms Chin Ee Ling/Ms Esther Tang at 03-2058 3453/3062 for more information.