AmMetLife Insurance Berhad
AmMetLife Insurance Berhad
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About the Internal Audit Function:
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent assessment group established within AmMetLife as a service to Management and to the Audit and Examination Committee of the Board of Directors. It is a group that functions by examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of enterprise-wide controls with a risk-based focus. This role is designed to specifically cover the financial and operational audits within AmMetLife Malaysia to fulfill the increased business need in view of risks presented at both internal and external environment. The individual will be further supported by shared specialists in finance, investment, actuarial, technology, and data analytics within the Global Audit team in order to provide high-quality audit services to the business under an efficient and cost-effective operating structure.
Successful candidates will be able to develop their long term career advancement within the organization globally and gain varied experience and exposure to the full range of business within MetLife.
This is an existing position within for the AmMetLife Insurance Malaysia Internal Audit function. The IT Audit Manager will have an integral role in ensuring key IT risks are identified and appropriately mitigated. Reviews IT processes and practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant and best practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy. Prepares reports of audit findings for senior management, and proposes recommendations for changes as needed. Participates consultatively in implementing changes to systems and processes that affect the Company strategy and operations.
Reports to: Senior Audit Manager AmMetLife
Other Key Stakeholders: Asia and Corporate Internal Audit Team; Malaysia Process Owners and Senior Management
- Manage the IT audit universe and plans related to Life and Takaful insurance business;
- Continuously assess internal and external business risks, develop and oversee audit plan, and coordinate the plan with the Malaysia, Regional, and Corporate Internal Audit Teams;
- Ensure all planned audits are completed within the budgeted time and cost;
- Perform IT related controls testing and evaluation for Information Systems;
- Review project governance and internal controls for system implementation projects;
- Support business audit team in conducting integrated audits and evaluating system application controls;
- Ensure the units audited have in place a sound system of internal control and risk management with adequate policies, procedures and guidelines to promote efficiency, proper conduct and protecting the assets of the company. Make the necessary recommendations for improvement and rectifications of the weaknesses;
- Act as the primary contact in communicating top IT risks, audit plans, and audit results to audit management and IT client;
- Highlight significant findings and follow-up actions taken during the course of audits, investigations and special reviews;
- Prepare draft audit reports and special review reports for discussion with management;
- Document audit results within accepted audit and departmental standards;
- Manage and follow up on open audit issues;
- Maintain Audit Team’s commitments to key stakeholders in terms of audit timeliness, engagement, communication and fairness; and
- Support the Senior Audit Manager in all functional administrative matters and undertake unscheduled reviews as and when are required.
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Ability to stay abreast of key regulations and be able to assess their impact on the internal audit process;
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally;
- Ability to effectively tailor messaging to varying audiences;
- Ability to understand a wide range of products, business processes and systems;
- Experience in the life insurance industry;
- The ability to work to deadlines;
- Experience of working in a multinational company;
- Experience of reviewing automated business process controls and IT General Controls across platforms; and
- Experience of reviewing system implementation methodology and processes.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a specialty area such as, IT, accounting, finance or business administration;
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on IT auditing experience preferable in the insurance industry;
- Recognized qualification in CISSP, CISA, CISM or ISO27001 Lead Auditor
- Preferably with knowledge and ability to perform data analytics;
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with minimum supervision;
- Competent knowledge of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA standards; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, clients and management and to work effectively in a team environment.
Interested candidate may email their resume to [email protected].