First Solar (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
First Solar (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
– First Solar Malaysia is committed towards enriching the living qualities of the surrounding communities via our community outreach programs.
First Solar Malaysia Community Outreach Programs – Towards the Betterment of Our Communities
Ever since our inception in 2008, First Solar Malaysia has been actively involved in enriching the surrounding communities through our various CSR programs that has taken place throughout the years. Our CSR programs are divided into 4 categories:
- Sustainable Energy: solar panel donations to Serdang Mosque, Bandar Baharu (12kW), Malaysia Green Tech Corporation (50 kW), Penang Tech Dome (3kW), Dhyana Ashram, Kulim (48 kW), and Koperasi Lestari Seberang Perai (Eco Recycling Center) – (1.4 kW); and involvements in sustainable energy fairs such as IGEM.
- Educational Enrichment: Full education sponsorship to our associates to pursue higher education, AMCHAM’s STEM initiatives (mentoring for Young Enterprise Program, involvement in Penang International Science Fair), laptop/ desktops donations to associates’ children pursuing higher education/ surrounding learning institutions, and foster school program.
- Community Impact: Program Mahabbah Community for Raya Haji, charity visits & foods/ hardware donations to old folks home/ schools/ orphanages for Chinese New Year/ Mid-Autumn Festival/ Deepavali, recycle bins donations to schools and government agencies for sustainability program, and lunch treats for frontliners during Raya Haji.
- Community Health & Well-being: Covid-19 CSR programs – PPE donations to hospitals and government agencies, food buckets donations to B40 households in Kedah and Penang/ residents in EMCO area, ventilators donations to Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital, flood relief humanitarian aid to Yan, Kedah.
Our commitment to enrich the living qualities of the surrounding communities was globally recognized in 2018 when we were named as the Grand Winner for Employer of Choice (Private Sector Category) at the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM) 18th MalaysiaInternational HR Awards 2018, as well as the Grand Winner for Malaysia Human Resources Minister Award 2018 for Large Manufacturing Sector, as well as the Grand Winner for Productivity-Linked Wages System (PLWS) HR Minister Award 2022.
First Solar Malaysia was globally recognized in 2022 as the Grand Winner for Productivity-Linked Wages System (PLWS) HR Minister Award 2022, the Grand Winner for Employer of Choice (Private Sector Category) at the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM) 18th MalaysiaInternational HR Awards 2018, the Grand Winner for Malaysia Human Resources Minister Award 2018 for Large Manufacturing Sector, winner for National Occupational Safety & Health Awards 2016 for Electrical and Electronics Category, Kedah Chief Minister Special Excellence Award – Industry Excellence Award 2017, Excellence in Foreign Direct Investment in Kedah State Award – Industry Excellence Award 2017, Kedah State Industrial Excellence Award 2020, as well as AMCHAM Cares Award 2020 recipient.
As an Employer of Choice, we are honored to be working with government partners, NGOs and other likeminded organizations to support the betterment of our communities around us.