- This event has passed.
Partnering to Prevent and Address Modern Slavery Risks in Southeast Asia
September 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This event will offer a safe space for business practitioners for sharing and discussing current practices and challenges to address and prevent modern slavery risks in Southeast Asia, as well as exploring and collective actions that can be taken moving forward where the business practitioners come together to address and prevent modern slavery risks.
Join us! Don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to a world free from modern slavery!
During the event, BSR will bring insights from its work with companies on this subject including an overview of existing initiatives, gaps and challenges in the region.
Through the event we will be exploring and begin to answer the following questions:
- What are the recent and upcoming global development related to business and human rights and modern slavery legislation? What has been and what is likely to be the impact on companies in the region?
- What are already existing good business practices and initiatives (including collaborative initiatives) to address and prevent modern slavery risks?
- What are the new or emerging approaches that seem more promising to support addressing and preventing modern slavery risks, including technology innovations and tools (e.g., workers voices, technology, etc.)?
- Are existing efforts enough? What are the main gaps in the practice?
- What next steps could be further explored following the event? What opportunities for collaborative action exist?
High level agenda:
- Setting the scene on global developments and impacts on the companies in the region
- Overview of current efforts and collaborations in the region – how companies are currently working collaboratively and engaging suppliers
- Discussion / workshop to explore gaps, challenges and potential collaborative solutions
- What next steps could be further explored following the event?
- Claudio Formisano, Associate Director, BSR’s Global lead on modern slavery and human trafficking
- Others to be announced
Date: Friday, 22 Sept 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Registration starts at 9:30 a.m., refreshments will be served)
Venue: AMCHAM Executive Office
Address: Level 10, Bangunan Faber Imperial Court, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
Seats are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. RSVP early to book your seat!
For further clarifications, please email us at [email protected]Register