- This event has passed.
Briefing on Amendments to the Industrial Relations Act
March 2 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
AMCHAM invites you to a briefing session on the latest amendments to the Industrial Relations Act 1967 which has come into force on 1 January 2021.
The new amendments now allow:
- automatic referrals of wrongful dismissal cases to the Industrial Court without filtering mechanism of the Minister;
- direct appeal against Industrial Court awards to the High Court instead of through judicial review;
- continued hearing of wrongful dismissal proceedings after the Claimant’s death and the award of back wages and/or compensation to next-of-kin in lieu of reinstatement;
- harsher penalties for non-compliance of Industrial Court awards
These are major changes employers need to take note of, so please join us and take this opportunity to gain a better understanding of how these new amendments would affect your organization.
Mr. Leonard Yeoh, Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution and Employment & Industrial Relations practice groups at Tay & Partners will be giving an overview of the current changes to the Act, and Mr. Vishnu Jeevapragasan, Head of Legal & Industrial Relations at Manpower Group Malaysia will provide insights and things to look out for from an employer’s perspective.
Date: Tuesday, 2 March 2021
Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Platform: MS Teams Meetings
This event is free for AMCHAM Members and staff of member companies. Non Member tickets are subject to a registration fee. Registration is compulsory for access to the webinar.
- Please note only REGISTERED participants will receive access to the scheduled session. Please check your registered email address for further instructions.
- Kindly lookout for a Pre-Event Information email which will be sent from our Events team via [email protected] 24 hours before the event.
- If you are registering on behalf of a colleague, kindly ensure their email address is correctly captured to ensure they receive all necessary updates.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]Register