PIKAS Briefing

AMCHAM was invited to join in an InvestKL briefing on the Public-Private Partnership Industry Immunization Program (PIKAS) program given by Dato’ Sri Norazman Ayob, Deputy Secretary General (Industry) from Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) earlier this afternoon.

MITI has targeted for 90% of manufacturing workers to be vaccinated under PIKAS with the remainder 10% constituting leeway for those who have been vaccinated under the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK), or those who choose not to, or are unable to be vaccinated due to health reasons.

To-date, MITI has received approximately 4,000 applications amounting to around 600,000 workers.

Key takeaway points from the Q&A session:

  • The target timeframe is three to four months (by end-September) to achieve their target mentioned above, with priority given to states and areas categorized as COVID-19 red zones e.g. Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Penang, and Perak.
  • Follow the given vaccination date and time to avoid delays. Once an employee is confirmed to be vaccinated, the company in charge will be notified and a notification will also be issued via MySejahtera to each individual on the date and time.
  • Changes to vaccination date and time is possible for certain circumstances e.g. if the employee falls ill. The company should make arrangements with the PPV operator.
  • PIKAS is currently only for the manufacturing sector and manufacturing-related services including Oil & Gas.
  • There is no choice in vaccines as it is dependent on the supply received from the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI).
  • Revise your employee list on the PIKAS website if there are any changes due to employees receiving dates through PICK.
  • No delays will be caused due to re-application through the PIKAS website, and companies are encouraged to do so, if they have not done so already.
  • Short-term expatriates are advised to get vaccinated in their home country whereas long-term expatriates are encouraged to do so here in Malaysia through PIKAS or PICK.