Career Opportunities at AMCHAM
Career Opportunities at AMCHAM
Looking for a challenging and rewarding career? AMCHAM is looking for a dynamic, proactive, and versatile Government Affairs Manager to join the AMCHAM team!
The American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) is one of Malaysia’s most dynamic business organizations. We provide a platform for our members who are mostly U.S. businesses in Malaysia, to support their growth, drive global trade ethos and provide a community for like-minded executives. Established in 1978, AMCHAM is the Voice of U.S. Business in Malaysia.
- Support and manage the delivery of AMCHAM’s Government Affairs strategy and capacity;
- Responding to policy challenges and opportunities, aiming to strengthen the Chamber’s ability to be the Voice of U.S. business in Malaysia;
- Monitoring, analyzing business policy and trade-related activities, keeping the CEO and related team(s) informed of relevant policy developments;
- Developing and assisting with research projects and drafting of written submissions, position papers, other collateral for various stakeholders including government meetings and media, as and when necessary
- Establishing and building strong individual relationships with key Malaysian & U.S. government stakeholders and related associations and agencies; identify and develop new partnerships with other business chambers and organizations;
- Supporting the development and organization of industry and functional committees especially where policy areas are rising issues;
- Providing insight and input into the development of new business areas where regulation & legislation may drive opportunities;
- Requires teamwork at various levels and management of such groupings;
- Be prepared for a fast-paced, demanding environment covering a multitude of sectors represented within the membership
The Reward & Environment
- The opportunity to grow into a career that engages with corporate affairs and policymakers;
- The opportunity to work with executives from an array of industries and understand the needs of each industry;
- Develop skills that are essential to today’s dynamic workforce
- Working in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs and in a diverse community;
- Our strength is derived by engagement, making the most of dynamic situations, thinking outside the box;
- A healthy sense of humor and willingness to roll up your sleeves to deliver on our purpose is essential.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about business and policy matters, especially related to Malaysian and U.S.; the ability to understand a wide and diverse range of industry sectors and issues and work to a high standard of delivery;
- Experienced in working with or writing economic and policy-related content;
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills (strong written & verbal English required), and cross-cultural skills;
- Ability to quickly build excellent working relationships at all levels, manage teams, and drive team spirit;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure, and produce high quality and accurate work within often tight deadlines;
- Energized by a purpose-driven organization, flexible and possess a ‘can-do’ approach with a willingness to help and support the wider team and respond to rising issues;
- Relevant business degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 5-8 years of previous experience working in Government/Public Affairs, Public Relations/Communications, Business Journalism, or a related corporate environment is a plus;
Email to [email protected]
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter demonstrating your fit and rationale for applying for the role. Unaccompanied submissions will not be reviewed.
- A COVER LETTER expressing why this role is a fit for you, AND
- An updated resume