– A leader in hiring and empowering PwD employees and spearheading continuing education programs for employees –
Flex is the Sketch-to-Scale® solutions provider that designs and builds intelligent products globally. With approximately 200,000 employees across 30 countries, Flex provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies across industries and markets.
Our commitment, policies, management, goals, and initiatives are centered on driving sustainability across our company and value chain, while aligning to the UN Global Compact and Sustainable Development Goals. Each of our Flex sites supports and contributes to our company’s overall sustainability strategy. Our goal is to make a measurable impact on our value chain cornerstones: people, community, environment, innovation and integrity. In Malaysia, our 12 facilities located in Penang, Selangor and Johor have achieved the following (Jan 2018 – Oct 2019):
• >RM6,000,000 spent on >60 Sustainability/CSER initiatives
• >2,900 employee volunteers
• >16,100 total employee volunteer hours logged
• >2,900 volun
• >150 PwD employees hired; Flex is the largest employer of PwDs in the Northern Region
• >418 employees have completed their certificate/diploma programs in conjunction with local universities/colleges (fully sponsored by Flex)
• >205 employees currently pursuing their Master’s degree, diplomas and certificates in conjunction with local universities/colleges (fully sponsored by Flex)
• Flex Johor recognized for contribution towards Persatuan Sindrom Down Negeri Johor by the Mayor of Johor Bahru City Council
• Flex Penang recognized as ‘PwD Friendly Employer’ by Ministry of Human Resources for embracing diversity & inclusion at the workplace
• Flex won CSR Malaysia Awards 2019 – Company of the Year (Technology Solutions Provider) and Malaysia-International HR Awards 2019 (Silver Award in HR Best Practices)
• Ongoing support for education through The Star-NiE program and secondary school sponsorships and initiatives including YE, STEM etc.