Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
The American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) is looking for a dynamic individual to join the Public Affairs team.
The Company: AMCHAM is the Voice of American Business in Malaysia; it is a non-profit, private-sector international, business association with more than 1200 members representing about 280 American, Malaysian and other international companies.
Started in 1978, the Chamber provides relevant business information to its members, actively serves as a platform to represent member’s interests to Malaysian and U.S. stakeholders.
- Supporting delivery AMCHAM’s Public Affairs / Govt relations strategy;
- Responding to policy challenges and opportunities, aiming to strengthen the Chamber’s ability to be Voice of American business;
- Representing AMCHAM & reporting on at external meetings;
- Monitoring proceedings and analysing business, policy and trade related activities, keeping the Executive Director and related team(s) informed of relevant policy developments;
- Assisting with research and drafting of written submissions collateral various stakeholders including Govt. departments and media as and when necessary;
- Being a key point of contact for the Chamber;
- Establishing and maintaining two-way communication with relevant official bodies and stakeholders, and assisting in developing new contacts;
- Providing insight and input into development of new business areas where regulation & legislation may drive opportunities;
- Managing relationships with AMCHAM’s key stakeholders including maintaining all relevant databases
- Demonstrable knowledge of and enthusiasm for Malaysian & U.S. business and related policy matters;
- Experience of working with or writing economic and policy related content;
- Previous experience working in PR, Public Affairs or a related corporate environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarise complex information succinctly and accurately; English & Bahasa Malaysia are essential;
- Ability to quickly build excellent working relationships at all levels;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure, and produce high quality and accurate work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to quickly grasp technical matters, and have the ability to communicate them to non-technical people;
- Flexible and ‘can do’ approach with a willingness to help and support the wider team;
- Confident and enthusiastic, with a passion to deliver work to a high standard;
- Relevant business degree or equivalent qualification;
- The opportunity to grow into a career that engages with corporate affairs and policymakers;
- The opportunity to work with people from an array of industries and understand the needs of each industry;
- Working in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs and in a diverse community;
- Competitive salary and a professional working environment.
Interested candidates, please email your resume together with a cover letter to Ms. Theresa Yong, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.